Please help replace proxytunnel with cntlm

2012-10-22
2013-05-23
  • I have read that cntlm is supposed to be a superior tunneling app.  I ntlm authentication doesnt seem to be working with proxytunnel.  I would like to know how to get the equivalent of the below proxytunnel command I put in putty (to tunnel ssh encapulated in ssl).  If cntlm doesnt offer builtin ssl like proxytunnel does, if you could please offer an alternate solution (as simple as possible).  I would like to do this all under Windows.

Thanks!

proxytunnel -e -E -N -t mydomain -p ntlmproxyserver:80 -P userid:password -d remotemachineip:443 -H "User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)\nHost: www.example.com\nContent-Length: 0\nPragma: no-cache"

• PS:  Just to be clear, what I meant by alternate method doesnt mean to suggest not to use SSL :)  I would need SSL for multiple reasons.  I tried searching, but just couldnt find any information on an SSL setting in the cntlm config file.

• Darn, there's no way to edit these messages.  I think all I would have to do is install cntlm and have proxytunnel -e point to it instead of directly going to the NTLM proxyserver.  I can then probably turn off a bunch of paramaters in proxytunnel to keep things simple.