uninitialized value

Help
Jeremy
2007-04-04
2013-06-03
  • Jeremy

Jeremy - 2007-04-04

Hi,

I don't know if that's important, but when I start cluster-ssh, and while I use it, I get in the terminal from which I started cssh a bunch of errors, mostly "uninitialized value".

Here they are :
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./cssh line 415.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at ./cssh line 419.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./cssh line 1475.

I get dozens of the first two before the xterms are set up, then while I'm working on every systems I get dozens of the third. Everything seems to work fine, I can connect to several systems in parallel, execute commands etc.

Thanks for any answer :-) and good job BTW !

Jeremy

• Duncan Ferguson

Duncan Ferguson - 2007-04-04

I haven't seen this before.

Can you plese cofirm the version of ClusterSSH and long details on the host you are using?

Thanks

Duncs

• Jeremy

Jeremy - 2007-04-05

Of course ! :-)

I'm using the last version 3.19.1, downloaded yesterday.
      The host is a redhat linux box (RHEL WS3). I think the perl version may be revelant : 5.8.3. I installed yesterday the perl module X11::Protocol.

"cssh -e host" gives nothing interesting (well, terminal and ssh connection bith work)

I give down the very long log (well I snipped it as I get the same messages loads of time) I have inside the console where I start cssh. I have the first two errors before the xterms start, then I get 2 errore line 1475 per caracter I type (except "return" key ??) for example in this session, I executed "ls" and "pwd" and "^D", resulting in 12 errors (6 caracters * 2)

If you want more specific stuff, just ask, I just don't know what you may need to investigate ?

BTW, everything seems to work fine, the problem may be not significant, so if you don't find what's wrong, don't spend too much time on this issue ;-)

Jeremy
      jmonnet@xizor ~$ /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh xizor leila
      Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 415.
      Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 419.
      Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 415.
      Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 419.
      [snip]
      Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 1475.
      Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/clusterssh/bin/cssh line 1475.
      xizor session closed
      leila session closed
      jmonnet@xizor ~$

• Duncan Ferguson

Duncan Ferguson - 2007-04-13

Thought just occurred to me - do you user a QWERTY keyboard, or something else?

There are a couple of outstanding issues due to non-QWERTY keyboards that I am unable to resolve (since mine is QWERTY).

Duncs

• Jeremy

Jeremy - 2007-04-13

You're right to the point : I'm french so using an azerty keyboard.
      Well, as long as everything works, we can just let it as it is ?

• Hans Qiao

Hans Qiao - 2010-11-02

I am using cssh in cygwin, all at the latest  versions.But copy/paste to control windows does not work, with error:

cssh test
    Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
    Use of uninitialized value $paste_text in length at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/App/ClusterSSH.pm line 1704.
    Got empty paste event
    Use of uninitialized value $paste_text in length at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/App/ClusterSSH.pm line 1704.
    Got empty paste event
    Got empty paste event

Could anyone help ? Thanks.