Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
i have cssh setup with 30 boxes, occaisionally i would do an scp command in this format
scp server1:/file.txt /tmp/.
i then get this error:
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection close
facts about the problem:
1. random servers will have this problem .eg. server5 could succeed on the first attempt but fail the second attempt.
2. the failure is logged only the cssh client
3. there is no evidence that an ssh attempt to server1 was attempted from the failed cssh client
4. if it is of any use, the OS is Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 service pack 1
5. no change to the default sshd_config file except to deny root login
solution found at : http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=openssh-unix-dev&a=2007-10&t=5430083