Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem on merging pdf files

Help
Lui Ho Wai
2010-12-16
2013-01-26
  • Lui Ho Wai
    Lui Ho Wai
    2010-12-16

There is a strange problem on merging pdf file.
    When I merge a batch file, some pdf page should be reduced the page height. So, how can I make sure that the merge pdf page size can keep original's?

• Lui Ho Wai
    Lui Ho Wai
    2010-12-16

For Addition, I use the vb.net instead of c sharp.

• I can't understand what you're saying: you say that "some pdf page *should* be reduced", then you ask "that the merge pdf page size can *keep* original's"… ?? should it be reduced or should it be kept original?

PagaManagementSample (which you can find inside the downloadable distribution) contains source code for proper PDF concatenation - I successfully tested it aggregating documents of different page sizes, preserving their respective dimensions.

Please give us a concrete example of the anomaly you are experiencing, otherwise I cannot help.
    Thank you

• Reiner Saddey
    Reiner Saddey
    2012-05-12

There might be problems when merging PDFs containing pages that do not define their boxes on their own but instead rely on inheritance (suspected creator culprit: Crystal Reports for Eclipse).

My work-around is to get boxes for each page before this page is added (which will return inherited boxes as well) and then setting those boxes' values after the page has been added to the document.