OpenType fonts embedded as wrong type

Help
Anonymous
2012-01-14
2013-01-26

• Anonymous
    2012-01-14

I think there is a problem with the code to embed opentype(.otf) fonts. When opening the file with xpdf I get "Syntax Warning: Mismatch between font type and embedded font file" which according to their bugtracker is caused by "Whatever is generating that pdf is doing it wrong, it puts FontFile in the font
    descriptor of a truetype font while it should be FontFile2 as FontFile is
    specifically for Type1 fonts. Open a bug report against them."  (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13514)

This causes all kinds of different problems in different pdf viewers. Worst case Is the Safari/Mac buildit pdf viewer which simple don't show any text at all. Is there any way to fix or work around this problem?

• Recently there was an analogous report about Poppler-based viewers  (although other viewers including Adobe Reader could display the same files correctly).

The problem is surely NOT caused by the FontFile entry of the font descriptor, as the CompositeFont class uses the FontFile2 entry instead. What version of the library are you using? Could you please attach a sample PDF file to a Bug Tracker report?

thank you
    Stefano

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clown/forums/forum/607163/topic/4884591

• Anonymous
    2012-01-15

I also tried the complexTypesetting sample file in the pdf viewer Foxit 5.1.4 on windows. And there page1 looks correct, but page 2 and 3 look like the okular screenshot.

• Anonymous
    2012-01-16

I don't know if this help, but if I open the ComplexTypesettingSample.pdf file in evince, I get the following errors:

font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed
    font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed
    font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed
    font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed
    font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed
    font type 9 not handled
    some font thing failed