Hi all you guys
Some brief notes about the current state of PDF Clown project:
Current development iteration (0.0.5) is focused upon consolidating and simplifying the functionalities introduced with the previous release:
- content stream object model (documents.contents.objects subnamespace) is gonna be expanded in order to explicitly support more operators and graphics objects;
- PrimitiveFilter (documents.contents.composition subnamespace) is gonna get further refined and become more comprehensive, automating boiler-plate activities such as resources management in order to be greatly beneficial to users (existing code samples, after being updated to exploit the new facilities, had their code reduced by 20 to 50 percent);
- user requests: I've received a lot of useful feedback from you about issues concerning practical tasks, particularly:
1. page reuse (convertion to form XObject)
2. content stamping;
3. page rasterization (convertion to bitmap image)
Point 1 and 2 will be addressed with the next release (0.0.5), while point 3 will be taken into consideration for experimental sampling (no planned implementation scheduled at this time).
In the meantime, if you have any question/request to submit, lemme know (do not hesitate)!