BLAS (Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms)

Help
2013-06-15
2013-08-25
  • This is a bit off topics, sorry for that.

I'm a poor c-programmer, and thanks to cloo I can use openCl directly from .net without writing c-code. But now I need fast matrix multiplication, and would love to use an existing BLAS-library like AMD's "Accelerated Parallel Processing Math Libraries". Does anyone know a way to do this without going over c?

Kind regards
    Javerberg

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-08-25

Although this question has been asked two months ago and Magnus hopefully has found a solution in the meantime, here is some information on using the AMD APPML libraries with Cloo:

As far as I know, there is no publicly available .net wrapper for the AMD APPML libraries. To be able to use the AMD OpenCL FFT I wrote an .net wrapper myself. The wrapper works trouble-free (unfortunately the library itself does not work on NVIDIA plattform without tweaking) and writing it was not too complicated. Something similar should work for the BLAS part of the AMD libraries.

It would be interesting to make this kind of wrappers publicly available, but I do not have the time to do so. Nevertheless, if anybody plans to do, I will be happy to contribute.