This release of Clonezilla live (2.2.1-25) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2014/Jan/13).
* Linux kernel was updated to 3.12.6-2.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.69.drbl1. Bugs about reiser4 and btrfs have been fixed.
* Syslinux was updated to 6.03-pre1. This should fix a boot issue on some BIOS machine, e.g. Acer Aspire One.
* Package drbl was updated to 2.7.18-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.9.10-drbl1.
* The output of blkid will be saved in the image dir as blkid.list.
* Packages bcache-tools and chntpw were added.
* Package pixz was added, and is used for parallel xz compression/
* A mechanism to convert image compression format was added. It can be used to convert the gz compression to xz compression, for example.
* Language files, it_IT, fr_FR, de_DE, andja_JP.UTF-8 were updated. Thanks to Gianfranco Gentili, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Michael Vinzenz, and Akira YOSHIYAMA.
* The code for restoring MBRs was extracted as a single program, ocs-restore-mbr, allowing it to be used more easily.
* The install_grub_hd function in ocs-functions was extracted as a program "ocs-install-grub" so that it's easier to be run separately.
* A bug where live-config failed to show eject info when rebooting or halting in upstart environments was fixed.
* Because the "ip=frommedia" boot parameter made Ubuntu-based Clonezilla live's vmlinuz boot slowly, it was replaced with "ip=", which is accepted by live-boot with same function and is shorter.
* When creating a recovery zip file, if an image is included it is not compressed.
* When a recovery ISO/zip file is created, Clonezilla now honors the
original splash mechanism.