This release of Clonezilla live (1.2.12-10) includes major enhancements and major bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2012/Jan/27).
* The Linux kernel was updated to 3.2.1-2.
* Partclone was updated to version 0.2.45.
* Syslinux was updated to 4.0.5.
* A better mechanism was implemented in ocs-update-syslinux. Only when the files to be updated are found on the system "syslinux -i" will be run.
* A better mechanism was implemented to keep the MS Windows boot reserved partition size when option "-k1" is chosen.
* A better mechanism to deal with UFS partition in a GPT table when saving FreeBSD 9.0.
* An option to use "autoname" to create the image name was added. Thanks to encephalophone (Mike) for the patch.
* An option (-icds, --ignore-chk-dsk-size-pt) to skip checking skip checking destination disk size before creating the partition table on it
was added. Thanks to Sartoratti Lorenzo for reporting this issue.
* Option -z7|--lrzip-compress was added for Clonezilla to use lrzip to compress image.
* VMFS3 and VMFS5 support are separated, no more mixed because partclone.fstype from 0.2.45 now can tell them. Since vmfs5 support is still buggy, disable it in drbl-ocs.conf.
* A mechanism was added to avoid saving an image for an unmatched GPT and MBR partition table disk.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter
"config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been
changed. The new format is:
* An issue about PXE booting on a machine with multiple network cards has been fixed.
* An issue about the unknown slow execution after an image is restored 100% has been fixed.
* /live/ and /live/cow unmounting error or warning messages are suppressed when rebooting or halting.
* Serial console did not have tty when live-getty and console boot parameters are assigned. Thanks to Shuras for this bug report.
* A problem where failing to reinstall grub1 for the restored OS was fixed.
* A problem where grub2 failed to be restored along with Fedora 16 due to a different grub2 boot directory, /boot/grub2/, was fixed. Thanks to Robert Weir for reporting this issue.