This release of Clonezilla live (1.2.10-14) includes major enhancements and major bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES:
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2011/Sep/22).
* Linux kernel was updated to version 3.0.0-3.
* Partclone was updated to version 0.2.29.
* Gdisk was updated to version 0.8.0, and compiled without Unicode support. Therefore libicu44 is no longer included. This makes the Clonezilla live ISO file smaller by about 6 MB.
* Package partclone-utils was added.
* iPXE was updated to the date 20110910 from iPXE Git repository.
* German language files were added. Thanks to Michael Vinzenz .
* By default when a GNU/Linux system is restored, the udev hardware records (70-persistent-cd.rules and 70-persistent-net.rules under /etc/udev/rules.d/) in the restored OS will be removed. This can be disabled in the expert mode with the option "-irhr".
* Source tarball for all the packages in Clonezilla live was added. It can be found in the release repository, under the directory "source".
* A new live boot parameter was added: nicif. This parameter is used to assign the network card's MAC address so that when it is booted via PXE, the correct network card can be assigned specifically. This is for a machine with 2 or more network cards. Example for this boot parameter: nicif=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter "config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been changed. The new format is:
* Sgdisk failed to reload a GPT table if no initial GPT table on a new disk.
* Boot parameter parsing has been improved to accept grub2 1.99's mechanism. It now works for three cases in /proc/cmdline (e.g., (1) ocs_prerun="sleep 5" (2) ocs_prerun=\"sleep 5\" and (3) "ocs_prerun=sleep 5").