From: Steven Shiau <steven@nc...> - 2012-11-27 07:59:31
This release of Clonezilla live (2.0.1-5) includes minor enhancements
and bug fixes.
*** ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES ***
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This
release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2012/Nov/26).
* Linux kernel was updated to 3.2.32-1.
* Package drbl was updated to 2.1.34-drbl1, and clonezilla was
updated to 3.1.22-drbl1. The new paths for the files in these two
packages are in /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/share/drbl/sbin, and
/usr/share/drbl/bin. No more under /opt/drbl/. Hence, the new pre-run
and post-run paths are /usr/share/drbl/prerun/ocs/ and
* A KMS mode was added in the boot menu.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.56.
* Packages tcplay and mpg123 were added.
* Boot parameter "ocs_lang" is now replaced by "locales" from
* Boot parameter "ocs_live_keymap" is now replaced by
"keyboard-layouts" from live-config.
* Boot parameters "echo_ocs_prerun" and "echo_ocs_postrun" were
added. This can be used to disable echoing the ocs_prerun and
* An option to use "autohostname" to create the image name was
added. Thanks to tererecool (David Bauer) for this idea.
* The command to save an image will be saved in the image dir as
* Another partition table file, e.g. sda-pt.parted.compact, will be
saved in image dir when saving an image. It's easier for human to read.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot
parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter
"config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in
Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been
changed. The new format is:
*** BUG FIXES ***
* A better mechanism was implemented to decide the restored OS is
using grub 1 or 2. Thanks to Robert Weir for reporting this issue on
Fedora 17 restoring.
* The *.mod files for grub2 are not fixed in the path /boot/grub/.
It could be in /boot/grub/i386-pc/. Function install_grub_hd failed in
* Program ocs-lvm2-stop did not work on Ubuntu Linux due to the
udevd rules 85-lvm2.rules from Ubuntu.
* The function install_grub_hd in ocs-live-dev should skip checking
the boot loader on the USB flash drive, because it might be new, empty one.
* To avoid the KMS and vmwgfx conflict issue
blacklist boot parameters were added.
* The VOL_LIMIT for splitting image file could not larger than
* Saving mode should enable ncurse interface by default, too.
Otherwise it's confusing.
* Program run-parts is confusing, there now we use drbl-run-parts.
* The description using space key to mark the selection for disk to
disk clone is not required. Thanks to sabrehagen
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C
Fingerprint: 0240 1FEB 695D 7112 62F0 8796 11C1 12DA 47CF 935C