From: Steven Shiau <steven@nc...> - 2011-05-13 07:44:09
Clonezilla live 1.2.8-42 is planned as the next stable release on May
This release of Clonezilla live (1.2.8-42) includes major enhancements,
changes and bug fixes.
MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES:
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release
is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2011/May/13).
* Linux kernel was updated to 2.6.38-5.
* Syslinux was updated to 4.04.
* Initrd was compressed with XZ, and this makes Clonezilla live iso/zip
file smaller by 3 MB.
* The pre-run and post-run commands were moved to the login shell
instead of init so now it can be interactive, .e.g. sshfs mounting with
* The grub2 boot loader for EFI was added. This is a testing function
for booting a Mac machine from an USB device with GPT partition.
* The "gPXE" in the boot menu is replaced by "iPXE".
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot
parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter
"config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in
Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been
changed. The new format is:
* Typos fixed.
* A workaround to avoid the sshfs "Read: connection reset by peer" or
"remote host has disconnected" issues.
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 1024D/9762755A
Fingerprint: A2A1 08B7 C22C 3D06 34DB F4BC 08B3 E3D7 9762 755A