From: Steven Shiau <steven@nc...> - 2011-03-29 03:26:21
Stable Clonezilla live 1.2.8-23 has been released.
This release of Clonezilla live includes major enhancements, changes and
MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES:
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This
release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2011/Mar/28).
* Linux kernel was updated to 2.6.38-1.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.22.
* Live-boot was updated to 2.0.15-1.drbl1, and live-config was
updated to 2.0.15-1.drbl1.
* Language files were updated. Thanks to Alex Ibáñez López, Zhiqiang
Zhang, Gianfranco Gentili, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Akira YOSHIYAMA and
* New packages were added: disktype, ufsutils
* Memtest86+ was updated to 4.20.
* A mechanism was added to check if the saved image is restorable.
* A better mechanism was added to deal with multiple slices of a BSD
* "noatime" and "nodiratime" options are now used when mounting file
system in prep-ocsroot.
* The boot parameter "nomodeset" was removed.
* The ocs_postrun boot parameter (and ocs_postrun1, ocs_postrun2,
etc.) was added.
* By default partclone.dd is used instead of dd to process unknown
* The sgdisk program is used to process GPT by default. This makes
the imaging and cloning of Mac OS better.
* The virtual block device (/dev/vd[a-z]) support was added. Thanks
to Cyril Roos for providing patch.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot
parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter
"config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in
Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been
changed. The new format is:
* An issue with restoring a small, freshly formatted filesystem has
* A bug where ocs-get-part-info failed to remove a temp file in /tmp
* The failure of the -hn0/-hn1 option in some cases was fixed.
* A bug was fixed in which multiple network cards did not honor the
boot parameter of ethernet timeout
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 1024D/9762755A
Fingerprint: A2A1 08B7 C22C 3D06 34DB F4BC 08B3 E3D7 9762 755A