Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Clonezilla Multicast in SSD hard discs

Sunny
2014-03-17
2014-03-22
  • Sunny
    Sunny
    2014-03-17

Hi All,

Am very much new to clonezilla. I installed clonezilla in Ubuntu 12.04 LTE OS with the help of document published in clonezilla.org. I created image for few computers (different brands Hp, Toshiba...) with Clonezilla Live using bootable USB drive. I saved the image in clonezilla server in /home/imgpart. To do a multicast to more than 30 machines we started the clonezilla mode with DCS command in root and went through all the menus....started the client machine with PXE boot. the problem is I am able to clone all the machines with normal HDD but not able to do a multicast on devices with SSD drives.

In the machines with SSD drives, while doing PXE boot I am getting the clonezilla GRUB screen which showing the name of the image which I selected for multicasting and after that all the systems are getting a blank screen with a cursor blinking.

I checked the BIOS of the client machines and its selected legacy boot instaed of UEFI boot option.

The problem is occurring in Toshiba Ultrabook Z930 with SSD.

Can somebody help on this...do I need to change anything in server configuration to clone SSD laptops.