Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
We have 2 Ubuntu 12.04 Clonezilla Servers. We run DRBL Clonezilla from stable and I update the servers periodically. I usually do one and test before running the next upgrade.
Today I did an upgrade on the first server and it became inoperable. I am usually able to revert or do purge and fresh install and recover. Today I was not able to do that.
The updates were as follows:
Clonezilla 3.8.12-drbl1 to 3.9.47-drbl1
DRBL 2.6.15-drbl1 to 2.7.39-drbl1
syslinux 2:5.10+drbl-1 to 3:6.03~pre9+drbl-1
syslinux-common 2:5.10+drbl-1 to 3:6.03~pre9+drbl-1
I had several errors when I ran DRBL4IMP.
There was a error in a perl script that calculates ip address and when I attempted to clone there was an error that com32 file missing vesamenu.c32. It appeared that the new syslinux installed to /usr/lib/SYSLINUX instead of /usr/lib/syslinux.
I tried purging and rolling back to the same packages as the working server but pxe boot still fails with com32 missing vesamenu.c32. With older version of Clonezilla and DRBL, DRBL$IMP appears to work.
I am at the point of cloning the working server to the bad one, if there is no other solution.
I ended up cloning the second server to the first server and changing names and ip. Now back in business, but not updating or upgrading!
So you made that with stable DRBL?
Ubuntu 12.04 i386 with stable DRBL. I have been running DRBL Clonezilla for a few years and this is the first time I have had an update/upgrade that I could not get working. I also have a Debian box running Wheezy, but I did not try to update that either.
I need to build a fourth server to serve as a backup. I will try a clean build and see what happens.
Any ideas on what happened to the syslinux package?
My testing here for Precise works.
BTW, you can also give unstable DRBL a try. It's ready for both Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04.
OK. I did a clean install on Debian Wheezy with above version (drbl stable)for testing. I ran into the same issue when I ran drbl4imp related to ipcalc. I finaly tracked it down to the need to reload a perl network module with cpan. After that everything worked. Why this happened all of a sudden I have no idea. I suspect this may be what happened on the 12.04 machine. I will not upgrade them again until I get another server built.
I also did a quick virtualbox install on ubuntu 14.04 and did not see any problems with drbl4imp using drbl unstable
As always, Thanks Steven!
The working drbl version (2.8.21) is now in stable release.