I'm pleased to announce the release of ASDF 2.011. As compared to ASDF
2.010, it only sports a series of minor changes, which I think is sign
of ASDF 2 becoming mature:
* minor portability tweaks, to make GCL (2.010.1) and Allegro (2.010.5) happy
* minor fixes, to an error in error (2.010.8)
* minor API cleanups, exporting symbol operation-description (2.010.6)
and accepting keywords as component class names (2.010.3)
* minor internal refactoring (2.010.4, 2.010.7 + 2.010.9)
* minor improvement in dealing with incompatibility, refusing to run
if asdf-binary-locations was loaded as it only works with asdf 1, with
useful error message (2.010.7)
* minor improvements in compatibility with cl-launch (2.010.2) and
If you missed it, 2.010 had a notable speedup in addition to minor fixes.
It would be very nice of vendors to update the version of ASDF they
ship with their respective implementations, or to start shipping it
when they don't do it yet (LispWorks, SCL; Corman, GCL - if they are
still being developed).
PS: I think we should create an asdf-announce mailing-list so that
vendors may subscribe to it and only get traffic relevant to releases.
[ François-René ÐVB Rideau | Reflection&Cybernethics | http://fare.tunes.org ]
Every technique is first developed, then used, important, obsolete,
normalized, and finally understood.