Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

What is this project's status?

Sam Eads
2010-07-15
2012-11-23
  • Sam Eads
    Sam Eads
    2010-07-15

I see that no files have been release in over 2 years and that was a Beta version.

I ran a SHORT set of rules and assertions through and crashed the Beta version.

I ran the same SHORT set of rules and assertions through the previous version and it worked as expected.

So I'm curious what the status of the project is.  I did a cursory glance at the SVN repository and it looks like that is not being updated either.

I was contemplating using this for a project, but I'd need the source code to do so and I don't see the "reliable" version's source code available.

Any comments or suggestions?

• Gary Riley
    Gary Riley
    2010-07-15

Source code for 6.24 is available on the files page of the project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/clipsrules/files/

A full time consulting gig over the last two years has put the 6.3 project on hold until more time is available to complete it.

The SVN repository for 6.3 has been updated periodically during the last two year for bug fixes. Post your code that causes a crash and I'll take a look at it.

• Sam Eads
    Sam Eads
    2010-07-15

Thanks Gary.  That was my main concern.  If the code fixes are getting updated in SVN then I'm cool with contributing by posting steps to reproduce, waiting for a fix and then pulling the fixes from SVN when available. 

• Victor
    Victor
    2012-07-12

Anyone have an estimate on when 6.3 will be out of Beta?