Can we get rid of the "beta" tag?

• I wonder what it will take to get rid of the "beta" tag for the 6.30 version. The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to use 6.30 in my company's products for its excellent speed in the case of large numbers of facts, but the "beta" tag will make this difficult for legal/regulatory, and marketing reasons. It has looked stable to me for what I need it.

My understanding is that it's "beta", because Gary has not had time to do serious testing on it. Yet would having it out in the user community for two years possibly be a sufficient criterion for removing the "beta" tag (and perhaps add a 6.31 for any problems discovered later)?

• Gary Riley
    Gary Riley

I have some time over the holidays, so I will work on making the release official. I had wanted to include a unicode API and architectural changes to better support integration with languages such as Java/C++/.NET in 6.3, but it's clear at this point I won't have the time to do that anytime soon, so I will just have 6.3 include the performance optimizations.

• Wonderful. Thanks so much!