Installing on Debian 4.0

2008-07-31
2013-03-05
  • Daniel Minahim
    Daniel Minahim
    2008-07-31

I followed the instructions for the Slackware posted in the clipsmm-users mailing list and it worked until ./configure
    when I make all I get a :

environment.cpp: In static member function 'static void* CLIPS::Environment::get_function_context(void*)':
    environment.cpp:749: error: 'GetEnvironmentFunctionContext' was not declared in this scope

What's missing?
    Thanks already

• Cgoln
      Cgoln
      2009-07-21

Hello
      i have the same problem when i want to install clipsmm on Ubuntu.
      Could anyone help me ?

Thanks already

• CLIPS 6.24 is missing support for function context variables which is necessary to create the wrapper. The CLIPS project released a patch for this named FunctionContext.zip, and that patch is included in the Fedora/RHEL CLIPS packages.

I have put a copy of the files that are used in the Fedora package in the clipsmm files section.

For any platform other than Fedora/RHEL you'll have to either patch and rebuild CLIPS yourself, or file a bug report (preferably against the Debian package so it gets fixed in both Debian/Ubuntu) to get the patch included.

If you do file a BR, you might let the Debian packager know about the other files, as there are at least two other bug patches.