We've added a page that contains description of a number of clear.swc components (a chapter from O'Reilly bookl) to Wiki How To page:
Here’s the roadmap for Clear Toolkit 4 for the year of 2009:
1. Offer data synchronization solution for AIR/BlaseDS applications - March 2009
2. Enhance Flex UI component to support PDF generation on the client - April 2009
3. Release documentation on classes from Clear component library (clear.swc) - May 2009.
4. Offer a solution for Flex-based portals - May 2009
5. Open source most of the components of Clear Toolkit - August 2009... read more
One of the main selling points of Adobe AIR is its ability to support occasionally connected applications. Imagine a salesman on the road working with an application without having a network connection. As an example, this can be a salesman of a pharmaceutical company visits medical offices offering their new pills called Xyzin.
While in doctor’s office, she uses an AIR application to take notes about this visit. The notes are saved in the local SQLite database that comes with AIR. But as soon as the Internet connection becomes available (at Starbucks or at home), the local data get synchronized with a central database.... read more