Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Offline Data Sync

2011-06-04
2013-04-29
  • I am working on an AIR application which requires me to save data offline and sync them when the user gets online. I came across PharmaSales example in book, Enterprise development with Flex. But when I downloaded the clear4.swc I was not able to locate the OfflineDataCollection class. If anyone can please guide me with an example on how to achieve this using the cleartoolkit, that would be helpful.

• Thanks Victor for the quick reply and the links, that was exactly what I was looking for.
    I have a few quick questions:
    1. Are there any plans for porting offline synchronization support for Flex 4?
    2. Can i use OfflineDataCollection, flex 3 version for storing relational data (data having one-to-many, many-to-one, one-to-one or many-to-many relationships) offline?
    Regards,
    Shishir.

• Shishir,
    1. No immediate plans for porting it. That said OfflineDC is not that big at all - most likely you will be comfortable to port it yourself "as is", see #2.
    2. This is the "bulls eye" issue: ODC F3 did not know about hierarchical collections and that is why we decided against "mechanical" port in particular. We may get back to it later though as we see consulting requirements.

WBR,
    Victor

• Thanks Victor, that was helpful. I was able to port offline DC for non-relational data but the only thing I was not able to get through was with saving the relational data offline.

Regards,
    Shishir.