Welcome to Fx2Ant

• Welcome to Fx2Ant

• Hi,

I really wonder to use Fx2Ant, but I can't figure how to configure it to have it working. There were on little bug in the default urls to xsl files under Window > Preferences > Farata > Fx2ant : the / was ommited before home. Now that I have valid path to theses files, Fx2Ant still generate an invalid build file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><FlexMetadata><actionScriptProperties mainApplicationPath="Index.mxml" version="3">
        <compiler additionalCompilerArguments="-locale en_US" copyDependentFiles="true" enableModuleDebug="true" generateAccessible="false" htmlExpressInstall="true" htmlGenerate="true" htmlHistoryManagement="true" htmlPlayerVersion="9.0.28" htmlPlayerVersionCheck="true" outputFolderPath="bin" sourceFolderPath="src" strict="true" useApolloConfig="false" verifyDigests="true" warn="true">
          <libraryPath defaultLinkType="1">
            <libraryPathEntry kind="4" path="">
                <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="2" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/player/{targetPlayerMajorVersion}/playerglobal.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
            <libraryPathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="libs"/>
            <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="1" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/player/9/playerglobal.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
            <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="1" path="/home/kabnot/lib/flex/flexunit/0_9/bin/FlexUnit.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
            <libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="1" path="/home/kabnot/lib/eclipse/plugins/com.farata.logger_1.0.0.v200711072040/export/Log4Flex.swc" useDefaultLinkType="false"/>
          <application path="Index.mxml"/>
      <flexProperties flexServerType="0" toolCompile="true" useServerFlexSDK="false" version="1"/>

Here my eclipse and plugins versions :

Version: 3.3.2
      Build id: M20080221-1800

Fx2Ant, Core, Core UI, Activator 1.0.0.v2007110

Thanks for any help.

• Hello,

Under normal circumstances, Flex2Ant extracts all Flex project settings into  metadata XML file and then generates build properties' files and scripts using XSL stylesheets.

Please notice flex2ant-build.xml. That is a build file.
        The XML content you have pasted into the message belongs to flex2any-master.xml, the metadata file extracted from the Flex project settings.

Kind Regards,

• Hi Victor and thank you for answering.

The XML content I've pasted effectively belongs to a file named flex2ant-master.xml, but I'm still unable to locate a flex2ant-build.xml. fx2ant generate two file in my project :

Is there any action to do for generating the flex2ant-build.xml file ?

• May I miss something?

• Anupam Shah
      Anupam Shah

Hi Victor,

I also facing the same problem mentioned by Stephane. There is no build file generated only master and properties file.

• Anupam,

Just re-installed Ganymede, FBPlugin 3.3, latest Farata from SF and can not reproduce the problem.
      That said I am running

JAVA_HOME is pointing to ...\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07
      PATH contants ...\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin

Eclipse Window Preferences\Java\InstalledJRE points to same as JAVA_HOME

What is your environment?

Finally, please lookup and send relevant information from Window/ShowView/ErrorLog.

Kind Regards,

• Anupam Shah
      Anupam Shah

Hello Victor,

Thanks for replying.

I got the problem solved, I was installing the Fx2ANT plugin from http://mantis.faratasystems.com/downloads/update/site.xml
      I think I was getting the older version of the plugin.
      I am able to generate the build file with the plug-in downloaded from SF and adding a local site in Help->Software Updates.

One more thing whenever I generate the ant file, it is also generating file with the extension "clearbi".
      Is it expected behaviour?

Thanks for the wonderful plugin.

• elsouza

Hi guys

i was trying to use the Flex2Ant with Vista and FlexBuilder 3 but it's a little bit weird and i was hopping you could help me out here.

I've realized that i was making the same mistake that anupam11, so, when i downloaded and installed the newer version, like Anupam did, the menu "Flex2Ant->Generate build file" it's not being shown.

The licence menu appears on Windows preferences and i put my license without problems

i've restarted the Flex Builder maaany times, what else can i do?!