26th May 2014 Claws Mail 3.10.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES http://www.claws-mail.org
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* Complete SSL certificate chains are now saved, and if built with
Libetpan 1.4.1, the IMAP SSL connection's certificate chain is made
available. Both of these allow correct certificate verification
instead of a bogus 'No certificate issuer found' status.
* Auto-configuration of account email servers, based on SRV records,
is now possible. (GLib >= 2.22 is required.)
* Added a preference to avoid automatically drafting emails that are
to be sent encrypted, (Configuration/Preferences/Compose/Writing).
* Messages saved as Drafts are now saved as New, highlighting the
Drafts folder, in order to draw the attention to unfinished mails
* It is now possible to add a 'Replace signature' button to the
Compose window toolbar.
* Quotation wrapping and undo/redo in the Compose window has been
* 'Reply to all' now excludes your own address.
* The 'Generate X-Mailer header' option has been renamed 'Add user
agent header' and applies to both X-Mailer and X-Newsreader
* Added hidden preferences, 'address_search_wildcard' and
'folder_search_wildcard', to choose between matching from start of
the folder name/address or any part of the name. (Activating these
options restores the previous behaviour.)
* Added hidden preference 'enable_avatars' to control the internal
capture/render process, and which allows disabling it by external
plugins for example.
* 'Check for new folders' now only updates the folder list, not
updating the contents of folders. If needed, it can be followed by
'Check for new messages'
* When using Redirect, the redirecting account's address is used in
the SMTP MAIL FROM instead of the original sender's address.
* NEW: Libravatar plugin, which displays avatars from
* Added support for an arbitrary number and sources of 'avatars' and
images for email senders, and migrated Face and X-Face headers.
* Avatars are now included when printing mails.
* The GPG keyring can now be used as the source for address auto-
* The vCalendar and RSSyl plugins now have an option to disable SSL
certificate verification (and check them by default).
* The ClamAV plugin now pops up an error message only once instead of
* Updated the man page and the manual.
* Updated Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Czech, Dutch,
Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Slovak,
Spanish, and Swedish translations.
* Added Esperanto translation.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 1644, 'race condition between message move and mark as
read after timeout'
o bug 2119, 'Check for new folders on remote mailboxes is
o bug 2145, 'Claws becomes unresponsive and gets Killed while
moving messages between imap folders'
o bug 2179, 'Improve quotation wrapping support'
0 bug 2238, 'Incorrect undo/redo operations after paste with
replace from context menu'
o bug 2389, 'GnuPG: invalid/revoked user IDs accepted'
o bug 2398, 'Race when closing compose during drafting'
o bug 2447, 'Compose window crashes if moving a folder that
is being replied to'
o bug 2643, 'claws crash when accessing imap folder'
o bug 2875, 'SMTP session disconnects before recieving'
o bug 2991, 'POP3 sessions duplicated" on race conditions'
o bug 3020, 'Use theme doesn't change some icons until
o bug 3055, 'Claws segfaults when cancelling a sticky search
after changing folder'
o bug 3038, 'Select a folder incorrectly matches on number in
o bug 3039, 'displaying one specific html email lead in 100%
o bug 3040, 'Handle revoked GPG private keys'
o bug 3050, 'Claws segfaults when attempting to delete a tag'
o bug 3094, 'OK or Yes to create new directory ?'
o bug 3100, 'Automatic account selection on reply fails if
name is quoted and contains a comma'
o bug 3105, 'vCal plugin via https does not check SSL peer
certificates or host'
o bug 3106, 'rssyl plugin does not verify SSL peer at all'
o bug 3107, 'Height of row in message list does not reflect
font size - three columns, small screen layout'
o bug 3116, 'invalid DTSTART in ics subscription makes claws
o bug 3117, 'full-day event shown from 01:00 to 01:00 next
o bug 3120, '"Error - File is empty" when redirecting mail
with empty parts'
o bug 3131, 'Crash on reccurent events with no DTSTART'
o bug 3138, 'PGP/Inline crashes on signature check if gpgme
failed to init'
o bug 3139, 'Mainwindow unresponsive due to a busy loop'
o bug 3145, 'Memory corruption in imap_disconnect_all'
o bug 3146, 'Memory corruption when deleting a message from
o bug 3147, 'verify_folderlist_xml() leaks memory'
o bug 3148, 'Logic error in claws_get_socket_name()'
o bug 3150, 'etpan_certificate_check() leaks memory'
o bug 3155, 'Memory leaks found by Valgrind in
o bug 3169, 'threaded message list performance issue'
o bug 3964, 'headers in wrong order -- file src/common/ssl.c'
o Fix lots of memory leaks
o Fix interference from liboverlay-scrollbar
o Fix some typos
o Fix some layout issues when user has large GTK font
o Fix message search starting from end
o Fix disappearing MIME icon highlight in mails with PGP
o When autoselecting account for a new message, quoted
recipient names are handled better.
o Python plugin: Also check for _PyGtk_API being a PyCapsule
o MailMBOX plugin: Fix parsing UTC dates
o vCalendar plugin: recognition of quoted parameter values,
which are legal.
o ClamAV plugin: Fix a format string error.
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.