3rd October 2008 Claws Mail 3.6.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
Notes for this release:
* Claws Mail now requires libetpan 0.56 for IMAP and NNTP
* Spell checking is now provided by Enchant instead of Aspell. To
build spell checker support, you will need the libenchant headers.
* The S/MIME plugin is now part of this package.
* IMAP, NNTP, and SSL are now supported in the Windows port.
New in this release:
* Support for client SSL certificates.
* Better support of SSL certificate stores, to be able to verify
* Renaming of newsgroups is possible.
* "Always open message when selected" can now have three values:
'Never', 'Always' and 'When message view is visible'.
* Unsaved server passwords can now be temporarily saved for the
duration of the session. They can be cleared before the session
expires by using '/Tools/Forget all session passwords'.
* Auto-wrapping settings are now saved in drafted messages.
* Support for basic auto-indentation in the Compose window.
* Support for animated GIFs in the message view.
* Type-ahead search in Filtering, Templates, Actions dialogs now
select the result of the search.
* Finer granularity in POP3 accounts' Remove After delay - hours in
addition to days.
* Spam/Ham flag is now stored on IMAP server when possible, using
"Junk" and "NonJunk" keywords.
* Use less precise intervals when possible for auto-checking, thus
the CPU is woken up less frequently.
* The warning icon in the main window is cleared when the error it
relates to is clipped from the network log.
* IMAP errors now reveal the server on which they happen.
* All deprecated GTK interfaces have been replaced with their
* csv2addressbook.pl: Added support for FoxMail.
* Updated translations: British English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Dutch,
Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian,
Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 1620, 'Can't use hardware zoom buttons' (MAEMO)
o bug 1398, 'Change current account available even when
there's only one account'
o bug 1609, 'Icon issues'
o bug 1673, 'Tools/Harvest Addresses is greyed out if
folder is empty'
o bug 1681, 'GnuPG plugin doesn't compile on Solaris"
o bug 1684, 'View news messages with large attachments
o bug 1688, 'Compilation problems on MingW32'
o bug 1690, 'Copy/paste in edit window may break Undo'
o bug 1696, 'Viewing binary attachments as text over
1MB' (various buglets)
o bug 1699, 'Separator line misplaced when printing
emails with long header lines'
o bug 1412, 'Sign reply if mail was signed'
o bug 1707, 'Segfault when sorting on hidden column'
o bug 1710, 'User misreads Discard Message as Discard
Changes'. Closing a modified re-edited draft will
now ask whether to discard changes
o bug 1712, 'Invalid Phishing attempt warning when linked
text ends with spaces'
o bug 1723, 'Buffer overflow crash caused by
preview in 'Date format help' dialog box'
o bug 1725, 'useless lines in clawsrc'
o Fixed compilation with GTK 2.14
o Fixed some memory leaks
o Fixed upgrading of themes
o Fixed po-headers appearing on empty templates
o Fixed folderview's scrollbar state when starting minimized,
and popping up is done via command line
o Fixed race condition when closing the Plugins window while a
plugin is loading
o Fixed missing localityName (l) field in LDAP
o Fixed wild rewrapping when adding text to start of some long
o Added "Fwd" to the list of known subject prefixes
o Fixed nickname edition in non-LDAP address books
o Fixed compose window size saving, which changed when using
compose-related filtering actions
o Fixed English usage
o Don't go to Inbox after manual mail retrieval if there are no
o Fixed migration problems from Aspell to Enchant dictionaries
o Fixed double opening of file, leading to multiple signatures
when using signify
o Fixed image viewer (wrong image displayed, break of resizing
o Fixed handling of HTML parts in multipart/related parts
o Workaround to decode correctly mails in Windows-1252 codeset
advertised as ISO-8859-1
o Added the nb_NO locale's default charset (ISO-8859-1)
o IMAP: Fixed crash when error happen on session establishment
o Fixed a lot of Windows-only bugs (bugs 1041, 1042, 1051,
problems with folders that have non-ASCII characters, the
huge memory leak, crash on connection failures)
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.