Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Color and Text did not work for Windows7 skin

Help
rhr
2012-11-05
2013-07-24
  • rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-05

I bought new Windows 8, I not like Metro version, I found Clasic Shell, great but I tired setup not work for Windows 7 Start Menu, but work big fonts on Windows Classic Start Menu,

I click tab "Skin" then click "None", I see big font, click tab "Start Menu Style" then I click "Windows Vista/Windows 7", i look small font and not same color, (left is white, right is black), I need both same color, and click skin, click "non", thwy won't work..

any help me, I am legally-blind / deaf, I cannot read, white hurts my eyes

P.S. no attached picture, becuase I show you on my old windows 7

RHR

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-05

If you have selected a dark high-contrast Windows theme, then select the Classic skin. It will use the default system colors and the start menu will also be dark.

You can also pick the Smoked Glass skin. It has a nice dark color. For even darker look, click on the "Reduce Glass Color" skin setting.

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-06

Yes, I had click "black high-contast"
    and I click skin "Smoked Glass" or "Full Glass" skin but I click "Font Larage" did not work, still small font, I need big font please?

also they don't have between "All Programs" and "Back"

P.S. look under attached, that Windows 7 version, I want same Classic Shell?

RHR

Attachments
  • Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-06

The Classic Shell menu is different from the Windows 7 menu. One of the main differences is that the programs are shown in a separate menu instead of inside the menu box. There is no All Programs and Back.

The Large Font setting mostly affects the sub-menus. The main menu already uses the large font. If you want even larger fonts, you will have to either edit the skin (requires some skills with a resource editor) or you need to increase the system DPI or lower the monitor resolution.

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-07

I download Resource Edtion, first time, I change 10 to 26, save and I check skin, it is wokring but it is extra larage too big.. then back Resource Edtion, 26 to 16, won't work save I tired and another few software still not work save, any good free or open source and must save file ?

RHR

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-07

Attach your skin file here and I can look at it.

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-07

Final, I try save 16 from 10, few times, final!

but bad news, I click "Programs" open it is small font, I need same all size please?

RHR

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-07

You need to change both Main_font and Submenu_font.

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-08

I got it, I learn classic shell lol..

I wish "all program" and "back" i mean I click program I don't want open other open column, I want open top

but I don't want "program" bother me. explain, I click start then my mouse "arrow" move but program is self open without click... how enable click for program item?

RHR

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-08

I am wrong about "All Program" and "Back" for swtich... opps..

I don't need swtich... i mean see under attached picture that I click Start->Menu->Utilities->Microsoft->Keyboard->Keyboard all are open only ONE column, I don't like open right right right then left then right etc.. you see picture, i like it one column, How I can fix it?

RHR

Attachments
  • xpclient
    xpclient
    2012-11-08

That is the Windows 7 Start Menu in your screenshot which doesn't exist obviously on Windows 8. And Classic Shell is never going to be an in-place expanding launcher, as cascading menu is better at utilizing screen estate and eliminate scrolling (and keyboard accelerators). There are many different free and commercial clones of Windows 7-style All Programs menu. What is it that you don't like about cascading menus? :)

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-08

I want Windows7's start menu becuase i am legaly-blind, if I use windows xp/vista same classic shell, I click program open move to right, then I click move second, I can't see where open is left or right, too hard.. but windows 7 is easy for me, i click program open move bottom, i can see it easy, then click second move bottom, I can see too

you can't fix, no problem

another

I had problem

Main_opacity=solid
    Main_background=#232323

for dark grey background, won't work

Main_text_color=#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FF0000,#FF0000
    and
    Submenu_text_color=#FFFFFF,#FFFFFF,#FF0000,#FF0000

for red select (#FF0000 is red), won't work

What I do ?

RHR

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-08

Maybe, you think my computer is windows7 that you saw picture, I am sorry, it is miskrite

I had two computer

1 comptuer is Windows 7, you saw picture but NO classic shell

2 other computer is windows 8 with classic shell

that Windows 7 had "start menu" but not "start menu classic", i like "start menu" I want it (you saw picture) same to Windows 8

I try and tired fix to Windows 8 with Classic Shell, I want windows 7 (picture) match to Windows 8 with Classic Shell

RHR

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-08

At the moment there are no plans to have the program list show up inside the menu like it does on Windows 7. There are few programs for Windows 8 that more closely resemble the Windows 7 start menu - Start8 and Vistart come to mind. But I am not sure if they will allow you to change the font size or the color.

As for your skin, it is hard to figure out what you are doing only based on the snippet that you posted. You need to include the whole text of the skin, or even attach the skin file.

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-08

Ok, no problem, I will try it by myself or I check ViStart and Start8

Thank you for help me

RHR

• rhr
    rhr
    2012-11-10

Bad News another Start8, ViStart, Pokki, they are hard, I can't change size, color, they don't have right mouse to "menu" show "Open" and "open all users" but Classic Shell had them, I like "open", "setting" .. I delete all .. I back install classic shell, it is very easy for me, i made size font and color at Resource Edtion, Skin is perfect but I am sad no "All Programs" button, but I install old computer with windows 7, I saw Classic Shell had "All Programs Skin" and "Windows Start Menu" but Windows 8 did not show, you will add "Add Programs" on Windows 8 future?

one more, question about Frames and Picture, I see picture like Logiin Picture, mouse move to Run's picture, picture won't swtich other picture? How i use and I find command?

RHR

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-10

The "All Programs Skin" on Windows 7 is for the opposite of what you ask. It replaces the built-in programs list with a fly-out menu.

At the moment there are no plans of creating a built-in programs list in Classic Shell. Also there are no plans to make the picture change as you move from command to command.

• xpclient
    xpclient
    2013-07-24

Well good news for you, rhr. Now the latest public beta version of Classic Shell which is available from the home page replicates the look and feel of the Windows 7 Start Menu. Try it if you are interested.