Multiple columns in sub menus

Help
Harry Ward
2013-01-04
2013-01-09
  • Harry Ward
    Harry Ward
    2013-01-04

I have been using Classic Shell on a Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) computer for about 6 months. I really like it. Thanks for creating it. I am now up to Ver 3.6.5, but my problem has existed since I started.

On Settings for Classic Start Menu->Multiple columns in sub menus, I have checked "use multiple columns." But when I go to Start->Settings->Control Panel, all I get is one column that must be scrolled. By scrolling all the way and looking at the entries, it appears that two columns are needed, and two columns would fit on the screen.

Why don't I get two columns? Is there a setting somewhere that I missed? (I would send you a .jpeg file of the screen, but it does not seem that this forum will accept files, or I can't find where that setting is.)

None of my other Start sub menus are large enough to require 2 columns, so I can't test anything else.

Harry

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2013-01-04

By default only the programs sub-menu uses the multi-column setting.
    You can enable it for more items from the Customize Start Menu tab. Double-click on the ControlPanelItem and check "Multi-column"

• Harry Ward
      Harry Ward
      2013-01-06

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Is that explained anywhere? I did not find it--in fact I did not know that you could double-click on Control Panel items for options.

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2013-01-06

Well, it says so at the bottom - "Double-click in the left column to edit the item".

• Harry Ward
    Harry Ward
    2013-01-09

I agree, IF one knows to look at that tab. I would have assumed it would have been under Menu Look, since that is where one sets Multiple Columns in sub-menus.

Harry