start menu shrunk

Tarl
2012-11-16
2012-11-16
  • Tarl
    Tarl
    2012-11-16

How do I fix this problem? Been using classic shell since I installed windows8. First program I installed. I finally customized my start button and when I did it changed the format/size of my start menu. It is now about half the size it was with all the writing/fonts small and stacked right on top of each other. I'd like to change it back to the default, proper size. Any ideas.

!http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2cf37b3127ccef1f54f31a15b00000030O00GasmrNw1Zg9vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-16

What version of Classic Shell are you using, and what is the selected skin?

• Tarl
    Tarl
    2012-11-16

Using version 3.6.2. I'm experimenting with different options now to see how it changes. Was using Aero, seems if I change it to W7 and back to Aero it resizes it back to close to normal.

Last edit: Tarl 2012-11-16
  • Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-16

But what is the exact skin name and settings when the problem shows up?

• Tarl
    Tarl
    2012-11-16

If I go to the options were you can pick start menu style....if I pick classic or windows XP it's the right size. If I pick Vista/Win 7 it defaults to Aero, but I have the half menu "scrunched" size. This only happened after I customized my start button. Prior to that it worked fine. If I check skins it shows Aero...however, if I pick another skin ie, W7, then click back to Aero....seems to fix it now. Weird.

Nothing major. Another question without opening a new thread. When I open start menu and then control panel...my default screen when opening control panel is large icons. If I switch this to category and close out...then open start menu and control panel again, it doesn't keep the category view....it defaults back to large icons. However, if I pick small icons and do the same....it will reopen with small icons. So no matter what I do...once I've closed control panel and go to reopen it...it will NOT open in category view. Is this normal?

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-16

1) Please save your settings as XML file when the problem shows up and attach it here. Must be a bug.

2) You can switch the control panel to open in categories mode if you change the command from "control_panel" to "control_panel_categories". Go to the Customize Start Menu tab and double-click on ControlPanelItem in the left column.

• Tarl
    Tarl
    2012-11-16

Many thanks, changed to control_panel_categories and working like I want now. As to the other problem....weird. I'll keep working on it.