classic explorer and Desktop.ini+folder specific links

Jcee
2012-11-10
2012-11-10
  • Jcee
    Jcee
    2012-11-10

My request: folder specific links (allow users to store links that are only visible when that specific folder is open) i would probably use this feature quite a bit :P

How:
    with %1\desktop.ini you can open a current folders HIDDEN desktop.ini file
    have you considered the possibility of storing data in it?

you could add a toolbar command titled <folder specific="" links=""> or something
    then the run a script to pull data from the desktop ini file of the selected folder (if aplicable)
    and maybe refresh the explorer windows process if need be?

• Ivo Beltchev
    Ivo Beltchev
    2012-11-10

So you want certain commands to show only when you are viewing a specific folder? What purpose would it serve?

• Jcee
    Jcee
    2012-11-10

well in many cases, when you are working with the same folder over and over again.. there are usually things you like to repeat..

a few examples:
    when sorting my downloads folder; i like to open 3-4 other folders (is drag and drop allowed onto folders in menubar?)

when editing photos, it would be nice if links to open with x program, or share on Y website were available

when working with 3d models i tend to use at-least 10 different programs, that i only use when i'm modeling.. (a few of which you have to open the file through the program, and cant open it properly by clicking on a file with the proper extension

what about a playlist command (to play all files in there current order (assuming you passed this order down to them))

when in "Program files" folder, a link to add/remove programs would be handy