clamwin for mozilla mail or thunderbird

2004-09-25
2012-09-05
  • Edward Flick
    Edward Flick
    2004-09-25

I totally agree, I am one of those people. A POP3 proxy would be worthless to me.

• CoSoCo
      CoSoCo
      2005-11-01

I totally agree, I am one of those people.

Please integrate support for Mozilla, Netscape and Thunderbird.
      Here we are in open source space, and we like to be free as it's possible from Microsoft.

• c0Ld
    c0Ld
    2005-01-05

I hope thunderbird support comes soon :)

• beldroan
    beldroan
    2005-01-11

Here here! That would be cool!

• OK - there is (still) no plug in available, but POP3 users can try this new mail proxy based on ClamAV:
    http://www.bransoft.com/clammail/clammail.html
    or
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/clammail/

• With Opera, ClamMail have problems (I get error messages from Opera).

And i think the Project are daed (no respons).

• I've tried ClamMail and it works fine! Now I use ClamWin for downloads and ClamMail for POP3 Emails. This covers the 2 major risks to anti-virus for a [personal] computer, I'd say. Good job to all the developers!

• If somebody know how to create XPI plugin for integrating clamav into Thunderbird it would be interesting. This XPI could for example catch e-mail into temporary file for scanning.Anybody ?

• I don't know anything about it as yet, but I am looking at it right now and will hopefully be able to make such an xpi plugin.

• Mick Weiss
    Mick Weiss
    2005-07-04

Anyone who wants to develop this, lets collaborate on it.

email me (micklweiss). I'm working on i18n support now, but this would be next on my list. I'd really like to work with someone else though, and not go at it alone.

• Mick

• slim23 4-EveR
      slim23 4-EveR
      2005-08-11

Hey Mick.
      Seem like Ill meet U allways again ... ;-)))
      I field a similar bug as [RFE] and the admin (Russ) gave me this link ... U know Im interessted in everything. ;-)))
      Greets slim.

• rak
    rak
    2005-08-16

hi, sorry to jump in but im intresting in helping with clam translation, Im not a prof coder but perhaps i can lend a hand.???
    I'm allready translating some docs to spanish but i would like to do something more...
    cheers,
    rak

• I just want to pipe in that I'd love to see this too.