2008-9-8: cl-net-snmp 5.0
After one and a half year since I started this project (0.01 on May
2007, 1.2 on Oct 2007, 3.0 on July 21), I'm glad to
release cl-net-snmp 5.0 today, the pure-lisp implementation of Simple
Network Management Protocol (RFC 2570).
This project is part of my big plan: write a new system administration
platform (like HP OpenView) completely in Common Lisp.
New feature in 5.0:
* Portable SNMP Server (snmp-server 2.0).
* Auto-learn UDP timeout and retransmit support based on
algorithms from TCP (usocket-udp 2.1).
* Many bugfix include SNMPv3 support and thread-safe.
* Seprate ASDF files: snmp.asd, snmp-server.asd, snmp-test.asd
SourceForge Project Home:
* usocket (0.4.x or trunk, current release (0.3.x) cannot use)
* portable-threads (from GBBopen project)
Current Supported Platforms:
* LispWorks (include win32)
* Clozure CL (64-bit)
* Allegro CL
* Full SNMP protocol support (SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3)
* Support MIB and ASN.1 object id names
* Fast BER encode/decode based on CLOS
* UDP retransmit support
* Simple SNMP Server
* [LispWorks] GUI MIB Browser
Still in progess. At current, you can see sample usage from test directory.
If any user still get confused, feel free to ask me through email.
You can use ASDF-INSTALL to install cl-net-snmp 5.0, or download from
Sourceforge.net: (newest version in each sub-project except onlisp-cn)
I'm glad to hear at least one corpration use my SNMP package for monitoring
remote UNIX servers in their lisp product. I hope more lispers use my software
and report any bug or suggestion back to me.
Chun Tian (binghe)