Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Help:pack ->tilesort -> render crash!

Help
earthworm
2006-04-14
2013-06-03
  • earthworm
    earthworm
    2006-04-14

Have somebody used a pack spu downstream to a tilesort spu then to some render spus?
    It is the "remote rendering" configuration(the 4th configuration Chromium supported) described in "An Overview of Chromium " -- http://chromium.sourceforge.net/doc/LLNLcopy.html

But when I ran it, the tilesort spu crashed, it said that "No tiling information for servers!" and "Total output dimensions = (0,0)"
    I searched this string in the source code and  found that in crserverlib/crserver_tiles.c
    line 222:
      in function
    void crServerGetTileInfoFromMothership( CRConnection *conn, CRMuralInfo *mural )

if ((!crMothershipGetServerTiles(conn, response)) &&
                (!crMothershipGetServerDisplayTiles(conn, response)))
        {
            crDebug("No tiling information for server!");
        }
        else

It seems that the crserver which load the tilesort spu fail to get the tile informations from mothership. Then the tilesortspu_Viewport() in tilesortspu_viewport.c fail due to the windows size is (0,0)

I guess that there must something wrong in my config file, but I can not find it.
    Can anybody help me? :<    Thanks very much!

I use cr-1.8 on WinXP sp2, compiled in VS2003
    this is my config file:

import sys
    sys.path.append( "../server" )
    from mothership import *

demo = 'city'
    W = 500
    H = 400

client = CRApplicationNode( )
    renderserver  = CRNetworkNode( 'machine1' )
    tileserver = CRNetworkNode( 'machine2' )

packspu = SPU("pack")
    packspu.AddServer( tileserver, "tcpip", 7000) # let pack downstream to tileserver
    client.AddSPU(packspu)

tilespu = SPU("tilesort")
    #tilespu.Conf('bucket_mode', 'Broadcast')

tilespu.AddServer( renderserver , "tcpip", 7000) #let tileserver downstream to render server
    tileserver.AddSPU( tilespu)

renderspu = SPU("render")
    renderspu.Conf( "window_geometry", [0, 0, W, H] )
    renderserver.AddTile( 0, 0, W, H )
    renderserver.AddSPU(renderspu)

client.SetApplication( demo )
    cr = CR()
    cr.MTU( 1024*1024 )

cr.AddNode( client )
    cr.AddNode( renderserver )
    cr.AddNode( tileserver )

cr.Go()

• Garland Stern
      Garland Stern
      2006-04-20

I don't know why you want to have 'pack' on the client node and 'tilesort' on the render node.  Take a look at simplemural.conf - it appears that the tilesort spu is meant to be on the client node.