Help: Texture problem when using tilesort

Help
earthworm
2006-04-07
2013-06-03
  • earthworm
    earthworm
    2006-04-07

I downloaded cr1.8 and compiled it on Winxp SP2, vs.net2003. I found that tilesort can not process texture data correctly.
    When I ran Quake3 and Counter-Strike1.6, only a few textures can been seen on renderspu window, a lot of them were not visible even though I used 1 tile
    and set parameters below:
    tilesortspu.Conf('bucket_mode', 'Broadcast')
    tilesortspu.Conf('dlist_state_tracking', 1)
    tilesortspu.Conf('auto_dlist_bbox', 1)

I also found that 'city' demo use textures and do show textures correctly.  I guess that Quake3 may display list heavily.
    But when I use a simple demo from famous NeHe's opengl lessons( lesson6 -- the scene consists of a cube and each face is mapped a 256*256 bitmap for texture)
    the textures were still invisible in renderspu window! I am very depressed now and do not know how to deal with it. :<
            Do somebody face a similar trouble? I ask for your help.... Thanks very much.

• earthworm
      earthworm
      2006-04-10

I found there was something wrong in my config file and I fixed it. I am sorry to waste your time. Forget the posts I posted several days ago. :>

• Garland Stern
      Garland Stern
      2006-04-12

I've had a similar problem.

Could you please post the fix you found?

• earthworm
      earthworm
      2006-04-14

Actually, there was no error in my config file. When I searched the mail achive, I found that there was a bug in renderspu_wgl.c.
      line 251:
      render_spu.ws.wglDescribePixelFormat( hdc, pixelformat, sizeof( ppfd), ppfd );

change 'sizeof( ppfd)' to 'sizeof( *ppfd )'

do the same in line 268. then I recompiled and found that tilesort do can work with textures!
      Good Luck! :>