Menu

I2C support on STM32

2010-10-20
2013-04-06
  • Marko Kleine Berkenbusch

Hi Giovanni,
    Are there any plans to add I2C support for STM32 architectures in the near future?
    Thanks,
    Marko

• Giovanni Di Sirio

Hello Marko,

Yes, it is in the to-do list, the abstract driver is already there, my immediate problem is to connect an I2C thing to an STM32 for testing. Probably it will be master-only initially.

Giovanni

• Giovanni Di Sirio

I just remembered.

You may try also the I2C driver Balázs contributed, read this thread: https://sourceforge.net/projects/chibios/forums/forum/736653/topic/3763912

I am not sure it will stay exactly the same but it should be ok because he is using it.

Giovanni

• Marko Kleine Berkenbusch

Giovanni,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I will have a look at Balázs' driver - I should have probably searched the forum a little more carefully myself…
    Btw: I am looking for I2C support for the quadcopter project that you linked to in your user section. Since this is just a hobby project on my side, there is no rush, I understand that you do a lot of this work in your spare time… The quad was my first ARM project (I originally wrote most of the code on an AVR), and I was very impressed how easy it was the port was with ChibiOS.
    Thanks,
    Marko

• Giovanni Di Sirio

No problem Marko. BTW, I really enjoyed reading about your quadcopter, very creative solutions, great work, I hope to read more about it and see that better movie you promised in your post.

Giovanni

• Giovanni Di Sirio

Cool, thank you.