I would like to send a patch to one of the open checkstyle bugs, but could not find any documentation how to do that. Where is the documentation how to setup an IDE (preferred Eclipse) to develop a patch?
I tried the following:
- Downloaded the binary and source release and tried to setup an Eclipse project with them. I had numerous problems, especially with the class path and the dynamically generated classes.
- I do not understand how a build of checkstyle should then be done to test the code.
- When I go to the code section, I find there a reference to hg (Mercurial?). Do I have to install Mercurial to do what then?
Please provide at least a recipe how to setup a pure Java development environment by providing the essential steps like:
- Ensure that Mercurial, Java JDK 1.5 is installed.
- Checkout the current source code from that URL: https://sourceforge.net/p/checkstyle/code
- Develop the changes
- Provide a patch by executing
hg patch ...