Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Live Edit

Jeremy
2008-08-24
2013-04-26
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    2008-08-24

One feature I'd like to see is a live edit feature. (Interpret correct typos on the fly :))  A few years ago I was using Song Show Plus and this feature was available.  If you are showing a song and notice a misspelled word it can quickly be updated without stopping and restarting show.  Lots of time's I get handed a new song just a few minutes before the service so I'll download the lyrics from iwillworship.com or ccli.com etc...  I don't have time to proofread.

Another option sort of in the same catagory would be to change the background image on the fly.  Sometimes we'll be in the middle of a song and you can tell its really touching the people and you think of a background image that would really get their attention.  Maybe a screenshot from the "Passion of the Christ" or such.  I think this could be very effective.

• Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your points. I haven't thought about these points at all. They could be very handy.

I think your points should be features with a higher priority. I'd like to hear from other people what they think about it.

• Zach
      Zach
      2008-08-27

This is exactly part of what I have tried to convey in some previous  posts.  I view  the ability to make changes like this to the presentation a make or break of the program.  I will post some of my thoughts on the matter later but I don't have much time  right now as I am taking a intensive 3 month course right now.

• rdagi
      rdagi
      2008-10-28

I vote for this big time.  I have wanted this for the original version for a while and many of the churches that I have trained to use OpenSong have asked it they could edit on the fly.  It would apparently take quite a change to the old version to make this happen, so why not make this a staple in this rewrite?  Great Idea!

• Mammlouk
      Mammlouk
      2009-06-25

I agree that Live Editing is a necessity.  Lyricue http://www.adebenham.com/lyricue/ seems to have this down to a science and is a great source for inspiration in this area.

Disclaimer:
      No I am not trying to spam the forum about Lyricue.  I am in no way affiliated and have already begun playing in the ChangingSong code.  I just came across it yesterday and really like functionality.