Unable to see Device with Intel tools

Help
Kusis
2008-01-01
2013-05-02
  • Kusis
    Kusis
    2008-01-01

I've created a sample Light device as the one given with the package. As well I started the original given one (LightFrame.java).

However, both do only show up in the Cyperlinks own Control Point browser but not within other browsers (eg. the one in the Intel UPnP tools Device Spy). If I start the sample Light of the Intel tools, this shows up in all ControlPoint browsers without any problem.

Any idea what might be wrong?

• Hello,

I recently had the same problem as you. This was caused by errors in namespaces aso. Try using the latest code in the SVN.
      Optionally read my post: https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1830349&forum_id=258158

regards,

Dieter

• Kusis
      Kusis
      2008-01-03

Hi, thanks for the hint. I checked all this allready without success. As well I opened another thread because I wasn't able to load any other files from the built in http server except the xml files (no icon files etc.).
      I encountered as well that when I start the Intel Light Device example it immediately shows up in the windows network environement but if I start the Cyperlink Light Device this as well doesn't happen (it doesn't show up in the Intel Device spy and the Windows network env).

• [quote]
        I encountered as well that when I start the Intel Light Device example it immediately shows up in the windows network environement but if I start the Cyperlink Light Device this as well doesn't happen (it doesn't show up in the Intel Device spy and the Windows network env).
        [/quote]

I had this once too with a light device. According to me, there is a problem with the Microsoft UPnP implementation, as it does not accept the boolean values "true" or "false", but only "1" and "0". When I changed every possibile occurence of the string values into the binary representations, this also worked with Microsoft's UPnP stack.

regards,

Dieter Verslype

• Stefano Lenzi
      Stefano Lenzi
      2008-01-03

Have you tried with other Cyberlink device?

I found a serious problem in the Cyberlink Light Device, its service description XML is broken. The service description for the SwitchPower service contains either allowedValues and allowedValueRange, so the SCPD XML is not complaint with the UPnP Specification.

I will update it in the next release, would you mind to open a bug for it in the tracker?

Ciao,
      Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

• Kusis
      Kusis
      2008-01-04

That was the key, I edited the description.xml given with the example and now the Device shows up in the Intel DeviceSpy properly. However, it does still not become visible in the Windows NetworkEnvironement (which works properly if I start the Intel Light example).

• Stefano Lenzi
      Stefano Lenzi
      2008-01-05

Do you mean that no device are shown from Windows NetworkEnviroment?

Can you tell me your enviroment?

I have tried and I see the CyberLink Light Device (after removing all the allowed value tag from the service description) inside "My Network".

Ciao,
      Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

• Kusis
      Kusis
      2008-01-05

If I start the Intel Light Device example it immediately is visible in the Windows network environement (Win XP SP2). If I start the Cyperlink Light device example It doesn't show up in the network environement. I adapted the description.xml files according the "Tweak" thread in the Support forum and as well removed the invalid argument section plus I adapted it as well to load the icon files properly. 

However, in the Intel DeviceSpy application, both examples show up properly. There must be a small incompatibility issue with the Windows UPnP implementation somehow.

I couldn't find a request from Windows to load the device specification after the discovery, therefore I assume that it has allready a problem with the discovery message which it doesn't accept or recognice properly.

• Kusis
        Kusis
        2008-01-09

Hi

As allready written in my last message (5.1.08), the devide shows all right with the Intel tools (after modifications) but it is not visible within the Windows Network environement.

I checked all the Discovery messages and tried to bring them as close as possible to the ones sent by the Intel Light Device (by changing the UPnP stack code myself). No chance there is no popup coming as it is the case if I start the Intel Light device.

Strange enough, if I start the Intel Light device, the Cyberlink devices are shown as well in the list but not before ....

There is no request to the Cyberlink web server from Windows after the Discovery messages. I really don't have any more an idea why it doesn't work with Windows, I checked really everything a dozen times.

Summary: Cyberlink Stack and Example work very well after some modifications (in Stack and Device xml files) but they don't show up in the Windows net env.

• Stefano Lenzi
      Stefano Lenzi
      2008-01-09

Did you get a chance to see the UPnP device on  Windows?

• razvanc
      razvanc
      2008-03-20

"0" and "1" are what the standard recommends - I guess the MSOFT boys are lazy :)