Accessing UPnP Media Server Content

samokan
2012-09-18
2013-05-02
  • samokan
    samokan
    2012-09-18

I might have missed it or I am blind but I have been trying to find a sample code in browsing or searching the content of the UPnP media server.

I have made a small control point using some external library and I can list the media servers found in the network. I can select the server get its address and some basic information but I don't know how to get its content .

I am making this in Java for Android.

Can somebody point me to the right direction .

• matchef
    matchef
    2012-09-18

Hey samokan,
    Is it possible that you can help me with my problem in the post  before yours?
    I can't connect to a control point with the cyberlink library.
    I have made some programm in vb.net with UPnP to conrol some devices.
    Maybe i can help you after that…

it would be very nice if you can help me how did you constract the control point.
    i always making this in Java for Android.

cheers

• samokan
    samokan
    2012-09-18

Hello Zulu

I am also a newbie with UPnP. Right now I am using the Cling Library and based on their UPnPBrowser sample I was able to make the small control point application.

Other than that I really have not idea yet. Sorry I can't be much of a help to you.

• samokan
    samokan
    2012-09-18

I was able to get some hints from this post about services and actions :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/cgupnpjava/forums/forum/258158/topic/3740626

Unfortunately I am getting
    "Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Non-recoverable remote execution failure: 404 Not Found. (HTTP response was: 404 Not Found)"

when I call the Browse action :(