SSDPNotifySocket's local address

inma
2004-02-16
2004-02-17
  • inma
    inma
    2004-02-16

Hello!!

When a device (i.e. light device in the examples) is starting, it uses a socket to send the NOTIFY messages. In my computer,  for instance, the device has three addresses available: an IPv4, a local-link IPv6 and a global IPv6 ones, so it uses three SSDPNotifySockets sockets. Regarding to the IPv4 and global IPv6 addreses, this socket's local address and  the "Location" field in the NOTIFY message sent through it are the same, respectively. However, when the "Location" field is set to the link-local IPv6 address, the socket used to send it has the global IPv6 address as its local address, instead of the link-local one. Could anybody be so kind as to tell me if is it correct, please? if so, why?  If not, is it possible that the method "getLocalAddress()" in the HTTPMUSocket class is not completely right?

I hope anyblody could help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Satoshi Konno
      Satoshi Konno
      2004-02-17

Does the link-local interface send the notify message using the other global IPv6 address ?

• inma
      inma
      2004-02-17

I am afraid the link-local interface does not send any notify messages, since all ipv6 notify messages are sent using the global interface. Anyway, I would like you to be so kind as to check it in case I am wrong.

Thank you very much in advance.