can't detect devices anymore

mauro83
2005-09-15
2013-05-02
  • mauro83
    mauro83
    2005-09-15

Hi,
    I'm working on a project with a friend of mine. We used three computers with different features.
    We used cyberlink 1.7 for a day checking the examples (1.5) and all seemed to work. In fact we could even use control points of Siemens and Intel to detect the devices that you created.
    The day after..i.e. today.. we tried again to check them but even if all the devices work ( there are no exceptions ), any control point ( yours, Siemens' and Intel's ) can't detect any device anymore ( neither the exe provided as test by Siemens and Intel ).
    Could you give us some suggestions or tell us how to go deeper into the problem (to see what's really going on) ?

Thanks so much.
    Bye,
    Mauro

• mauro83
      mauro83
      2005-09-15

I'm quite sure it's a network problem.
      On one computer I'm trying to use Windows "loopback network" but I can't make it work.

Bye

• Stefano Lenzi
        Stefano Lenzi
        2005-09-15

Ciao Mauro,
        I have a  question for you what do you  mean "I'm trying to use Windows loopback network". Beacuse If you're trying to use the ip 127.0.0.1 and you are not connected to anything else won't work.

You have to install a new hardware and manually select that that hardware is a Network Card and chose Microsoft LoopBack ( or something like that) as Driver and the you'll be able to configure an new virtual lan from your "Network Places" and CyberLink will start to work.

Bye,
        Stefano Lenzi

• mauro83
          mauro83
          2005-09-16

Hi Stefano.
          I suppose you are Italian so I'll write the most important question in Italian also..so I can be understood.

Now I solved the problem creating a non virtual net. Anyway I wonder why even if the other day I used computers with no net cards (neither virtuals ones), it worked (though just for a day ).
          Second question: I created the loopback exactly as you said but nothing worked, but I found sites saying that there could be problems on win2k.
          Last one..most important..Now in the computers on the net everything works but an exception that is launched (just in one) after a minute that the execution is running ("Time read out" or "Time connection reset").
          What could be the problem?

Per spiegarmi meglio..l'ultimo problema  che nonostante tutto funzioni c' un problema con un'eccezione che viene lanciata solo e sempre su uno dei due computer (certe volte  lanciata Read time out altre volte Connection timed out). Il problema si presenta con una modifica dell'esempio "washer" dopo diversi secondi dall'avvio del "run" di jcreator (anche con firewall disattivato). lo stesso programma sull'altro computer funziona. A proposito cosa serve la variabile "cnt" nel run di DeviceWasher?

Ciao e grazie
          Mauro

• Stefano Lenzi
      Stefano Lenzi
      2005-09-18

I get read time out exception even on my machine. It seems to be releated to the core HTTP handling of Keep-Alive connection.
      I don't know yet if that is normal and it show the exception for error or if that let the comunication fail some times.

I don't know what "cnt" is beacuse I haven't looked too much the example so that I know the variable, but I think is the context of the device so that he can simulate the effect of an invoked action.

Stefano Lenzi

• mauro83
      mauro83
      2005-09-18

I would like to thank Satoshi. You allowed me to explain throught an examle, created with cyberlink.jar, the concepts described in my first level thesis.
      I've tested also Intel's and Siemens' software and I thing your software is fairly affordable, compared with them.
      Congratulations..

Just some bugs in the control point and also in the washer example (maybe lied to the thread that allows the washer to stop after some seconds after being started?).

P.S. Many thanks to Stefano,too. He was so gentle to quickly answer our questions.

P.P.S. last question for Satoshi (that Stefano already  tried to answer). What's the meaning of the variable "cnt" in the washer example. What's its task?

• Satoshi Konno
        Satoshi Konno
        2005-09-20

Hi Mauro,

>What's the meaning of the variable "cnt" in
        >the washer example. What's its task?

The counter is used only to animate the washer images :-)