Before Version 1.8

2005-09-11
2013-05-02
  • Stefano Lenzi
    Stefano Lenzi
    2005-09-11

Hi satoshi,
    I have a question we (me and DomoWare Team) added two main feature to cyberlink:
    - Dynamic creation of Device without XML file
    - Port and IP selected for Device or ControlPoint instead of JVM

And we'd like to share and include this feature in your next release so that we can coopereate for to be the best Open Source Java UPnP Stack.
    I think that the best things to do is just sending our changed JAR, so that you can do the integration we your developement version.

Just tell me where I can send you the file.

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

P.S.: When do you plan to release next version?

• Satoshi Konno
      Satoshi Konno
      2005-09-16

Hi Stefano,

> Dynamic creation of Device without XML file

The function that you want may be added from v1.7.
      Please see Device::loadDescription() and Service::loadSCPD() in the programming guide.

>- Port and IP selected for Device or ControlPoint instead of JVM

Do you have any idea ? I want to know about the function that you want.

I will release the new version as v 1.7.1 soon, and the change list is bellow.

Changed HTTPRequest::post() to add a HOST headedr before the posting.
        Changed HTTPSocket::post() to add a Date headedr to the HTTPResponse before the posting.
        Changed HTTPDate::getDateString() to return the string of GMT.
        Fixed HTTPPacket::set() to parse the chunk size as a hex string.
        Fixed HTTPPacket::post() to output the chunk size as a hex string.
        Fixed HTTPSocket::post() to output the chunk size as a hex string.
        Fixed a bug of Device::getParentDevice() to return the parent device normally.
        Fixed SSDP::getLeaseTime() to parse normally when the value includes extra strings such as white space.

• Stefano Lenzi
        Stefano Lenzi
        2005-09-18

Hi Satoshi,

Stefano:
        >> Dynamic creation of Device without XML file 

Satoshi:
        >The function that you want may be added from v1.7. 
        >Please see Device::loadDescription() and >Service::loadSCPD() >in the programming guide.

I have just looked at the documentation just to avoid to say something wrong and that I'm looking for and I have already implemented in our patched CyberLink is method like:
        For Device
        addDevice(Device d)
        addService(Service s)
        For Services
        addAction(Action a)
        addStateVariable(StateVariable sv)

so that I can create a Device without writing XML code or generating XML code so that I can skip XML parsing

Stefano
        >>- Port and IP selected for Device or ControlPoint instead of JVM 

Satoshi
        >Do you have any idea ? I want to know about the function that you want

Actually when you run a Device it will globally set if it will run on IPv4 only or not so and so on. So If I'd like to run 2 device and start them at the same time I can't be sure which of them will configure the binding and maybe the result are not the same that I'd like to find.
        We have implemented that but not tested too much and the solution was simple. Just and variable to DeviceData that store the InetAddress selected by the Device to use instead of look on UPnP global static class.

P.S.: I have just add a patch to Patches of this sourceforge.net project that is our patched version of CyberLink 1.7 that include most of the change that I asked