#27 Comm does not work with some servers

open
nobody
7
2009-06-07
2009-06-07
Mirko
No

Hi,
I got some responds that on certain hardware (media servers) the device is displayed but the content directory is empty. As I do not own any of these devices (Popcorn hour and Synergy) I could not test it. Since a few days I have now a software media server with the same behaviour. I tried now for two days to find the bug in the framework but I did not have any luck - perhaps you have? I installed the Orb software (http://www.orb.com/en) which has a UPnP media server on board. The device is discovered by your framework, but if you send the Browse Command the server gives an empty answer (no real error). In the log it looks like the following. I would have assumed that it is an server bug, but all my hardware players (Roku Soundbridge, Freecom Musicpal and Philips) work quite good with the server. So there seems to be a bug in the framework part that I do not find. There is one think I discovered that is different to the servers I used so far. You get the main UPnP description of the server with an URL like this:

http://192.168.128.107:9500/

My twonky server and all others have additional a document name like this:

http://192.168.128.201:9000/DeviceDescription.xml

Perhaps this gives any direction?

Bye, Mirko

05-24 18:17:18.377: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): UPnP message : POST /ContentDirectory/control HTTP/1.0
05-24 18:17:18.407: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
05-24 18:17:18.437: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): HOST: 192.168.128.107:9500
05-24 18:17:18.437: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): Content-Length: 537
05-24 18:17:18.457: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse"
05-24 18:17:18.467: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595):
05-24 18:17:18.527: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
05-24 18:17:18.567: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
05-24 18:17:18.577: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <s:Body>
05-24 18:17:18.597: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <u:Browse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1">
05-24 18:17:18.607: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <ObjectID>0</ObjectID>
05-24 18:17:18.627: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <BrowseFlag>BrowseDirectChildren</BrowseFlag>
05-24 18:17:18.637: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <Filter>*</Filter>
05-24 18:17:18.657: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <StartingIndex>0</StartingIndex>
05-24 18:17:18.667: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <RequestedCount>60</RequestedCount>
05-24 18:17:18.677: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <SortCriteria></SortCriteria>
05-24 18:17:18.697: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): </u:Browse>
05-24 18:17:18.707: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): </s:Body>
05-24 18:17:18.717: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): </s:Envelope>
05-24 18:17:18.767: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): UPnP message : SOAPRequest.post: 192.168.128.107 : 9500
05-24 18:17:19.967: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): UPnP message : HTTP/1.1 200
05-24 18:17:19.987: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
05-24 18:17:19.997: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): Server: Orb Media Server, WINDOWS, UPnP/1.0, Intel MicroStack/1.0.1868
05-24 18:17:20.007: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): Content-Length: 0
05-24 18:17:20.017: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): EXT:
05-24 18:17:20.027: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595):
05-24 18:17:20.057: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): UPnP message : <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
05-24 18:17:20.087: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): <s:Body></s:Body>
05-24 18:17:20.097: VERBOSE/AndroMote(1595): </s:Envelope>
05-24 18:17:20.117: DEBUG/AndroMote(1595): Browse not successful: Action succesfully delivered but invalid arguments returned.
05-24 18:17:20.187: DEBUG/AndroMote(1595): Dir has 0 items

Discussion

  • Mirko
    Mirko
    2009-06-07

    • priority: 5 --> 7