Commit doesn't work

Anonymous
2012-10-30
2013-05-23

• Anonymous
    2012-10-30

Hi,

I downloaded today the version 1.8 of iRepoEditor.

I tried it on my iPhone and I checked out correctly an SVN repo (through https connection) with some latex files.

I also modified a file and now I see a blu icon with an exclamation mark on the left of the file.

The problem is that I'm not able to commit.
    When I try to do it (both on the project or on the single file) it doens't work. It asks me for the message and when I tap ok I see for a second a white screen and then it come back to the file explorer. The side bar on the bottom show the message "commmited 12/10/30 15:49", however the updates are not online and the file still shows the blue icon.

What's the problem?

Thanks

• Anonymous
    2012-10-30

I found out that the problem is in the commit of files that are in the root folder.
    No problems with files that are contained in a subfolder.
    In that case I can commit them.

However if I modify a file in a subfolder and a file in the root folder, when I use the commit functionality from the root folder, it commits only the file on the subfolder.

• Anonymous
    2012-10-30

I realized that the problem appears only with a specific repository.
    What could be the problem?

• Satoshi Konno
    Satoshi Konno
    2012-10-31

Hi,

iRepoEditor shows a dialog which has some raw error messages of your subversion commands
    when the your commands are failed.

Please tell me the error messages ?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Konno

• Anonymous
    2012-10-31

Hi,

no errors are displayed.

It just completes the operation and shows commited on the bottome bar.
    But actually no changes are commited.

As I said the problem happens when in the directory of the file that has to be committed there are files whose name starts with dot (e.g. .project)

• Satoshi Konno
    Satoshi Konno
    2012-11-06

Hi,

I understood your problem. Currently, iRepoEditor has some problem about
    handling dot files.

I will fix the problem in the next release. Please wait for a while :-)

Best Regards,

Satoshi Konno

• Anonymous
    2012-12-16

Is there any progress? I just tried to commit a pdf file (from safari via input folder, SVN). but the commit doesn't work. I don't get any error messages.

• Satoshi Konno
    Satoshi Konno
    2012-12-18

Hi,

Did you add the pdf file before the committing ?
    What is the icon image of the pdf file in the directory ?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Konno

• Tom
    Tom
    2013-02-03

Hi,

After deleting some folders from a repo's subdirectory, committing doesn't seem to work. I get to type a commit message, and after pressing okay the status text below the repo list says "commiting", but after a few seconds the application crashes.

This happens on an iPad 4, with the latest version of this app, bought fresh from the App Store.

Without commit functionality this application is not useful for my needs, I must say I'm quite disappointed..

• Satoshi Konno
    Satoshi Konno
    2013-02-04

Hi,

I don't know why you can't commit into your repository yet ….

I want to know your problem in more detail. Could you send
    your crash report to me using iTunes ?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Konno

• Satoshi Konno
    Satoshi Konno
    2013-02-05

Hi,

> After deleting some folders from a repo's subdirectory, committing doesn't seem to work.

Do you use 'remove' command in the action menu when you delete the folders ?
    If you want to remove the folder, please use the 'remove' command in the action menu.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Konno