Update of /cvsroot/cgkit/maya/maya_wrapper/dox
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv13536/dox
Added the main page to the doxygen docs
--- NEW FILE: mainpage.dox ---
These pages contain the developer documentation for the Maya Python
package (mainly for the \c api sub package containing the SDK wrappers).
The SDK binding is created using <a href="http://www.language-binding.net/">pyplusplus</a>.
The main script to generate the source code for the \c api extension module
is \c pypp_setup.py. Pregenerated source files are available in the \c _api directory.
Here is an overview of the directories found in the source package:
- \c _api: The source files generated by pyplusplus will be stored here. When the directory does not exist it will be recreated during the next call of \c pypp_setup.py.
- \c build: The distutils build directory.
- \c cache: Caches pyplusplus data. When the directory does not exist it will be recreated during the next call of \c pypp_setup.py.
- \c maya: The Python source code of the entire \c maya package.
- \c src: This is no longer used. You can remove it.
- \c src_aux: Additional source files that are required to build the \c api extension module. Whereas the _api directory only contains automatically generated code, the src_aux directory (mainly) contains manually created code.
The main directory contains the following files:
- \c config.cfg
- \c createplugincode.py
- \c Doxyfile
- \c extraheaders.h
- \c maya_sdk.h
- \c pypp_setup.py
- \c setup.py
\section building Building the package
- Maya SDK
The following source directories/files are required:
- \c _api
- \c src_aux
- \c extraheaders.h (common header file included by every file in _api)
- \c maya_sdk.h (this is generated by pypp_setup.py)
The package is compiled by invoking \c setup.py \c build|install. Extra
parameters can be put in a file \c config.cfg.
\section manualcode Auxiliary source code
...located in src_aux...
\section fnplugin The MFnPlugin class
...predefined C++ functions / CreatorFuncManager...
\section messages Message classes
...not yet implemented...