cpp?

Help
2005-09-01
2013-03-24
  • Tring the bake demo (would be nice for ao textures in game art. But I see cpp being used with sl and I am thinking its tring to use linux's gcc instead of using pixie rndr command, but I have no idea, plus I am on windows.

error:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bake>C:\Python24\Scripts\render.
    py "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bake\bakepass.py"
    'cpp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Python24\Scripts\render.py", line 181, in ?
        render.run()
      File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\tool.py", line 177, in run
        load(filename)
      File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\cmds.py", line 831, in load
        imp.importFile(os.path.basename(filename), **options)
      File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\pyimport.py", line 64, in importFile

execfile(filename, file_globals)
      File "bakepass.py", line 21, in ?
        samples = 1000,
      File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\rmshader.py", line 91, in __init__
        slinfo = slparams.slparams(shader)
      File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\slparams.py", line 244, in slparams
        raise PreprocessorNotFound("Calling '%s' didn't produce any data."%cmd)
    cgkit.slparams.PreprocessorNotFound: Calling 'cpp bake_ao.sl' didn't produce any
    data."

• Matthias Baas
      Matthias Baas
      2005-09-01

Well, the RMShader class needs to parse the shader file to find out about its parameters. And to do that it has to preprocess the shader file to remove the comments. In alpha4 the preprocessing is done by calling the external preprocessor 'cpp' which must be installed on your system.

If you're in a real hurry, you can apply one of the workarounds mentioned here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7600369&forum_id=43716

Otherwise, you can wait for a couple of days until I've released alpha5 which will use an internal preprocessor by default and everything should just work again. I'm planning on releasing alpha5 this weekend.

- Matthias -