render.py

Help
2005-04-23
2013-03-24
  • Nick Porcino
    Nick Porcino
    2005-04-23

Ok, worked through all the viewer.py examples. Installed Aqsis. Now trying the render.py example. My Python debugger reports a lot of exception of the form below, until I suppress exception breaking from that raise in the debugger. Works properly. Nice :-)

I've heard that dealing with non-existant attributes by raising an exception is in some wise Pythonic, but I'm wondering if a look-before-you-leap in this case might be a good idea? I like it when scripts run without a lot of noise. Just a personal preference i guess.

AttributeError: Object "Box" has no attribute "__conform__"

Traceback (innermost last):

File "C:\Python23\Scripts\render.py", line 1, in ?
      #!C:\PROGRA~1\PROGRA~1\Python23\python.exe
    File "C:\Python23\Scripts\render.py", line 157, in ?
      render.run()
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\tool.py", line 184, in run
      self.action()
    File "C:\Python23\Scripts\render.py", line 96, in action
      output_framebuffer = (self.time_end==None)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\cmds.py", line 631, in save
      exp.exportFile(os.path.basename(filename), **options)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\ribexport.py", line 147, in exportFile
      explgt = protocols.adapt(obj, ILightSource)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cgkit\worldobject.py", line 137, in __getattr__
      raise AttributeError, 'Object "%s" has no attribute "%s"'%(self.name, name)

• Matthias Baas
      Matthias Baas
      2005-04-24

This shouldn't happen. Can you tell me exactly what you did so that I can reproduce the error (where and how did you invoke the render tool)? Can you also provide the versions of Python, cgkit and PyProtocols you were using?

- Matthias -