register spiderChart

Help
SusanM
2009-01-14
2013-01-13
  • SusanM
    SusanM
    2009-01-14

I have the forum thread regarding how to register a custom chart with cewolf, but I need to register a Spider chart.  There is no ChartFactory.createSpider method within JFreeChart although they claim to support this chart type. I see some SpiderDemo Code but I'm not sure how that will help me.

Has anyone created a spider chart using ceworl/jfreechart?  Can you provide some help if you have done this? Thanks so much. I using cewolf-1.0 and jfreechart-1.0.15

Susan

• Ulf Dittmer
      Ulf Dittmer
      2009-01-15

That's quite a coincidence - just today I was working on adding Spider Web chart support to cewolf! Check out my version at http://www.ulfdittmer.com/code/cewolf.html - it has a "spiderweb" chart type, and a SpiderWebEnhancer postprocesor for finetuning the visual appearance of spiderweb charts. The example web app that comes with it shows both in action.

(I haven't gotten around to putting that version up here at SourceForge, but it's just big fixes and enhancements beyond the standard cewolf.)

• SusanM
      SusanM
      2009-01-15

Wow - the cosmic particles must be aligned! Timing is everything. I downloaded your file and added the new jar file to my application. And *VOILA* I now have a beautiful Spider Chart displayed. 

My spider chart app is developed as a JSR-168 portlet and I can make the code available to anyone who is also wanting to make a portlet using cewolf and jfreechart.

Thanks so much udittmer for taking the time to update cewolf and make it available to us. I am looking forward to learning more about the SpiderWebEnhancer postprocessor as well.