nosuchmethoderror for type verticalbar

matt ma
  • matt ma
    matt ma

Hi, I'm getting
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createVerticalBarChart(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/jfree/data/CategoryDataset;ZZZ)Lorg/jfree/chart/JFreeChart;

I look at from jfree-0.9.8.jar and it has
        public static JFreeChart createVerticalBarChart(String title,
                                                        String categoryAxisLabel,
                                                        String valueAxisLabel,
                                                        CategoryDataset data,
                                                        boolean legend,
                                                        boolean tooltips,
                                                        boolean urls) {
    exactly the way calls it
                    return ChartFactory.createVerticalBarChart(title, xAxisLabel, yAxisLabel, (CategoryDataset) data, true, false, false);

I also checked in my classpath for any other versions of JFreeChart and there isn't.  I had eclipse auto-complete the method for ChartFactory.createVerticalBarChart and it spits out (String, String, String, CategoryDataset, boolean, boolean, boolean) which is correct.

So I don't understand why I am getting a NoSuchMethodError.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Matthew Ma
    Free Web Based Database Service

• matt ma
      matt ma

ok figured it out.  For all those who are attempting to use CeWolf 0.9.8 in a JBoss 3.2.x environment you'll find some newer jfreechart.jar files in
      What I did, which did not seem to bother jboss is swap out the jfreechar.jar files in the .sar archive with the ones that came with CeWolf.
      Restarted jboss and voila - my call to createVerticalBar() went ok and Cewolf rendered a vertical bar chart. 
      I looked at the jfreechart javadocs and the newer versions no no longer have createVerticalBar() methods. 

Matthew Ma
      Free Web Based Database Service