Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Cewolf Tutorial doesn't show image

Help
Texugo
2006-08-09
2013-01-13
  • Texugo
    Texugo
    2006-08-09

Hi,

I'm trying to use cewolf for that I've started to get the tutorial into my one project everything went well until I've runned the test.jsp and no image was shown.

When I test the state of cewolf I get the message that cewolf is running but no request was made.

Please this is very urgent can anyone help.

I've created the class under one of my packages, put all jars in the library, changed the web.xml and created the jsp page.

One thing that I think that is strange is that in the tutorial it says that it uses a servlet but we don't create any.

Sorry but I'm new with cewolf.
    Thanks
    Rui Felix

• Zoltan Luspai
      Zoltan Luspai
      2006-08-10

Hi,

I am not sure about the state of the tutorial, it should work still if you follow the steps, but I would rather recomment to look at-try the cewolfexample, that works definiately.

By the way: you don't need to create a servlet yourself, but just configure the cewolf provided servlet in your web.xml. I think this is well detailed in the tutorial too: http://cewolf.sourceforge.net/new/tutorial/step3.html

Oh, yes, maybe the bug in the tutorial page is that it does not correctly contain the path of the cewolf servlet.

The tutorial says:
      <cewolf:img chartid="line" renderer="cewolf" width="400" height="300"/>

but the renderer attribute should possibly be: renderer="/cewolf"

because the renderer points to the url where cewolf servlet is mapped. Try this, and let me know if that helped.
      Cheers,
      Zoltan