Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

is cewolf project still alive ?

Help
Harsha
2006-06-15
2013-01-13
  • Harsha
    Harsha
    2006-06-15

there doesn't seem to be getting the "48 Hour" response as advertised nor much traffic on this forum. Besides, the latest version of JFreeChart (released almost 6 months ago) does not seem to be compatible with the current version of cewolf

Cewolf developers - please let us know on the status of this project so that we can know what to expect.

• MikGan
      MikGan
      2006-06-15

We must apologise, there has been a small transition of developers on the project.

The project is very much still alive and active. Development is in the pipeline and we should be seeing some output soon.

• Harsha
      Harsha
      2006-06-21

Do you have an time estimate on when can we get a new cewolf version that works with the latest version of jfreechart ?

Once we get that version, I can perhaps contribute some of the bugfixes myself...Please let us know...

• Zoltan Luspai
      Zoltan Luspai
      2006-06-23

Hi,

I've updated the head of cewolf to use the latest jfreechar 1.0.1. Have a check out from svn and build with maven - see build instructions too. This looks like working fine.

Cheers,
      Zoltan

• Harsha
      Harsha
      2006-07-01

what is the branch that we need to take..?
      there seems to be many...

or is it possible to post a beta version as a link on the download section, so that I can just get the latest source and build it

Thanks,
      Harsha

• Zoltan Luspai
      Zoltan Luspai
      2006-07-01

Just use the -so called- 'head', which is the trunk/cewolf and trunk/cewolfexample from the svn. I can not upload any beta myself, maybe Brian will do it for you.
      Cheers,
      Zoltan

• Harsha
      Harsha
      2006-07-04

Thanks. I did get the code I was able to compile it  with the latest JFC code. I had a question about your setup for debugging code.

Lets say I have written a some jsp code with cewolf tags embedded in it. The chart also has a postprocessor defined for it. I want to be able to step through line by line in the debugger by simulating a request to my url. I am not sure what is the right approach. Here is what I am attempting to do - get the generated java file from tomcat, compile it with cewolf source code and then write a main function that calls the methods of the generated servlet.

Is there any other easy way that you guys use in your dev setup ?

Thanks,
      Harsha