From: David PONCE <David.P<once@wa...> - 2002-08-01 10:30:48
Hi David (& crew)
> As things are moving forward well in Semantic 2.0, I think it
> would be good to bring wisent up in with the rest of the
That seems reasonable ;-)
> Do you think it would be a good idea to move wisent.el, and the
> supporting cast into semantic's main directory=3F I'd like to see
> semantic-java.el removed, or replaced with the wisent based parser,
> and all needed changes to semantic-load made so that wisent is
> initialized for all wisent supported languages like java, awk,
> simula, and now python. (Though it might be nice to have a naming
> convention down. Is wisent-python.el a tagging parser, or a full
> language parser, or both=3F Should wisent-java-lex be merged into
> wisent-java.el as in wisent-python.el=3F)
> Any files which you think may be eventually obsolete while merging
> code (wisent-flex.el=3F) should probably be left where they are.
For now, Wisent is organized like this:
- wisent.el (core LALR parser)
- wisent-bovine.el (semantic/wisent gateway)
- wisent-flex.el (lexer facilities for use with semantic).
Maybe could I merge wisent-flex.el and wisent-bovine.el in
* grammar toolkit:
- wisent-comp.el (parser generator).
- wisent-wy.el (major mode to handle WY grammar format)
- wisent-wy.wy (WY grammar spec. in WY format).
* languages for Semantic:
- wisen-java-lex.el (Java lexer)
- wisent-java.wy/el (Java full parser)
- wisent-java-tags.wy/el (Java tag parser)
- wisent-python.wy/el (Python full parser=3F)
- wisent.texi (manual)
- fdl.texi (GNU Free Documentation License)
* Test cases:
- wisent-calc.wy/el (calculator)
- wisent-expr.el (simple expression converter)
- wisent-awk.wy/el (Awk test)
- wisent-cim.wy/el (Simula test)
Maybe these files could be moved in the test directory=3F
All BNF files in wisent directory are obsolete. I will delete them
as soon as possible.
> An opposite approach may be to leave wisent in the wisent
> directory, and instead move the LL parser into it's own directory
> with it's supported languages.
> What do others think=3F
I like this idea. IMO it suit well to the parser plug-in